THE SUBWAY GROUP PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Contact Information. We may collect personal and/or business contact information including your first name, last name, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, email address, and other similar data.
- Payment Information. If you make a purchase online, you will be required to provide a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as expiration date, security code and billing address), or other payment (such as via your Subway® Card), depending on the form of payment you choose.
- Account Information. We collect information such as your username and password when you create an account, access our online services, or buy our products. Account information may also include how you purchased or signed up for Subway Services, your transactions, billing and support history the Subway Services you use and anything else related to the account you create.
- Usage Data. This is the personal data we collect about you when you are using Subway Services, which may include information about the date and time of your logins and details of your use of third party applications and advertising you receive.
- Marketing and Communications. We may also collect your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties.
- Security Credentials. We collect user IDs, passwords, email, and similar security information required for authentication and access to your Subway® accounts.
- Information through Social Media. You may also be given the option to link to your Facebook or other social media accounts through Subway Services. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. For example, these Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. They may also allow third-party social media services to provide us information about you, including your name, email address, and other contact information. The information we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites you use to make sure you understand the information that is collected, used, and shared by those sites.
- Customer Service, Surveys & Promotions. There may be times you provide us additional personal information when you interact online or by phone or mail with our customer support channels; when you participate in our customer surveys or promotions; or to facilitate delivery of Subway Services or to help us respond to your inquiries. Types of additional personal information may include voice recordings, photographs and videos.
- Information You Provide about a Third Party. You may decide to provide us with another person’s information (such as their name, email, address or phone number) so that we may recommend or send products or services to that person. Local law may require you to get the consent of that person to provide their information to the Subway Group. We may in turn use the information you provide in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- If you fail to provide your personal information. Where we need to collect your personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, in order to provide you with our products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel the contract and notify you accordingly.
- Device & Technical Data. We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as you Internet Protocol (IP) address, your login data, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, time zone setting and location, language, a unique device identifier, the address of a referring website, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
- Geolocation Data. We may collect information about your location when your device is set to provide location information. For example, your device’s GPS signal allows us to show you the nearest Subway® restaurant. To assist us in providing proximity based marketing and other location based services we utilize our Service Provider Google’s Maps API per Google’s Terms of Service which you consent to. For most mobile devices and computer systems, you are able to withdraw your permission for us to collect this information by using your browser or device settings. To withdraw your Google Maps API permission setting please follow the procedures in Google’s Terms of Service. If you have any questions about how to prevent us from collecting exact information about your location, we recommend you contact your mobile-device provider, the device manufacturer, or your web-browser provider. Some online services and in-restaurant technology may not work properly without information about your location.
- carry out your requests, fulfill orders, and process payments for our products and services;
- communicate with you about your orders, purchases or accounts with us, including handling any requests, questions or comments you may have;
- provide online services to you, which includes our websites and/or mobile applications; and
- provide customer support, including processing any concerns about our services.
- tell you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you when you are part of a Subway® loyalty program;
- personalize your experience in our restaurants and on our online services;
- verify your identity or communicate with you about your activities with respect to Subway Services;
- manage our business, including developing new products and services, conducting consumer and operations research, and assessing the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising;
- use analytics and profiling technology to personalize your experience; deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests and let you know how to use Subway Services (see “TARGETED ADVERTISING” below for more information);
- link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs, use for interest-based or targeted advertising or re-targeting on your computers or other devices;
- ensure the security of our networks and systems, including to help diagnose technical and service issues, troubleshoot issues, bugs or defects related to your account or activities;
- protect against fraud and other crime, claims and liabilities;
- comply with legal obligations and our policies;
- establish or defend a legal claim; and
- monitor and report compliance issues.
- we may use your personal information if we reasonably believe that there is an inherent security or product issue that we must either disclose to you or the authorities and the use of your information will prevent or potentially minimize the danger to you or others.
- to send you emails or text messages about the products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events we believe may interest you;
- to send you emails or text messages about the products and services of our business partners;
- provide location-based services;
- Identifiers, including name, email address, date of birth, phone number, account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Guest records, billing and delivery address, and credit or debit card information.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with our websites and mobile applications.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our websites and mobile applications.
- Audio data, including information collected for customer care quality assurance.
- Geolocation data, including location enabled services such as GPS.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or “selling” the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Please note that Subway® restaurants are franchised and are independently owned and operated. Their processing of personal information is subject to their own privacy policies. If you wish to exercise any of these rights with respect to the processing of information by a Subway® restaurant, please visit your local franchise-owned and operated store location to make your requests. We will work with the franchise owner to address your request to the extent required by applicable law.
- You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly. Please provide written proof via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose to exercise any of these rights, you will not receive different prices or quality of services unless permitted by applicable law, including if those difference are reasonable related to your information. For example, we may from time to time provide special surprise rewards to Subway MyWay® Rewards members who join the Subway MyWay® loyalty program online or by downloading the Subway® App. Any special rewards we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value. Participation in Subway MyWay® Rewards is voluntary, and you may remove the Subway® App from your device at any time. If you maintain your account, you will still be able to use it to order and receive rewards using the Subway website. Otherwise, you will need to use the guest checkout on the website to place an order.
Doctor’s Associates LLC
Franchise World Headquarters, LLC
FWH Technologies, LLC
Sandwich and Salad Franchises of South Africa (Proprietary) Ltd.
SJ Marketing G.K.
Subway Brand Management & Consultant (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Subway Franchise Systems of Canada, ULC
Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust B.V. Sucursal Argentina
Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund of Australia Pty. Ltd.
Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust B.V.
Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust Ltd.
Subway Franchisee Canadian Advertising Trust
Subway Franchisee Gift Certificate Management Company, LLC
Subway International B.V. – Ecuador
Subway International B.V. – South Korea Branch
Subway International B.V. – Taiwan Branch
Subway International B.V.
Subway International de Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V.
Subway IP LLC
Subway Japan G.K.
Subway MyWay of Canada, ULC
Subway MyWay, LLC
Subway Partners Colombia C.V.
Subway Realty e Desenvolvimento de Software do Brasil Ltda.
Subway Realty Limited
Subway Realty of France EURL
Subway Realty of Italy S.r.l.
Subway Realty of Spain, S.L.U.
Subway Realty of the Netherlands B.V. Merkezi Hollanda Istanbul Merkezi Şubesi
Subway Subs of Canada, ULC
Subway Systems Australia Pty. Ltd.
Subway Systems do Brasil Ltda.
Subway Restaurant Management (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
Subway Systems India Private Limited
Subway Systems Middle East FZ-LLC
Subway Systems Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Subway Vermietungs-und Servicegesellschaft mbH
Subway Vermietungs-und Servicgesellschaft G.m.b.H. -organizachi slozka (Czech Republic)